Celebrating British Science Week
In celebration of British Science Week, pupils have got stuck into loads of fun activities and demos this week, courtesy of our Science department! Here’s a roundup of these activities….
- Microscopes – guess what’s under the microscope
- Remote controlled toys – hex bugs/flying UFO – an explanation of how infrared works and how this can be used to determine Earth temperatures
- Magnetic track – used to explain Earth’s magnetic field
- Density tower – used to think about how different density is relevant to the real world: oil spills, ships and submarines
- Rainbow fizz – a demonstration of how we use neutralisation in the real world
- Energy sticks – an explanation of how electricity works and how it’s used in our homes
- Launching rockets – looking at forces and pressure
….All in the name of Science!
Blog Post - 03/03/2020
The Music Department Easter Concert
The Music Department Easter Concert: March 24th, 7pm, Horbury Academy. Come along for an evening of …
Blog Post - 12/03/2020
We are aware of the news from the Government relating to Covid-19 released at 5pm …