Provision of work for pupils
Whilst the Academy will be closed, we will seek to maintain our focus on the continued education of our pupils through the provision of work in the following ways:
- Packs of work – these will be available for any pupils, specifically those pupils who have difficulties in accessing online learning resources and tasks.
- Website resources – a link on the homepage of our website, namely, ‘Student Links’ allows pupils to access a range of online learning platforms, including Show My Homework. It also features a ‘Study at Home Booklet’ designed to support you as you learn at home.
As part of a wider Trust Policy on remote working arrangements, teaching staff will be in a position to update and refresh work on a weekly basis. Colleagues will do all that they can to maintain this provision throughout the period of closure, however we would ask all parents / carers to be mindful of the following:
- Online / home learning places an emphasis on all pupils to establish a routine of working from home, our teaching colleagues will not be in a position to follow up on all work that has been set.
- The Academy will seek to provide ongoing advice and support to pupils and parents about online / home learning using the communication channels.
- Where work can’t be submitted online, pupils are encouraged to record the completion of all of the work set in an exercise book that the Academy has provided where required, and / or by any other means. At the time of returning to the Academy this work can then be handed in and reviewed.
- Unfortunately, our staff team may at times be in a position where they are unavailable for work. This would be in keeping with all other working adults at this present time, with increasing numbers of staff unavailable for work across the country.
- When there are occasions where work cannot be provided across all subjects / year groups on a weekly basis due to the availability of staff, we would seek to communicate this to parents / carers and ask for your understanding in this respect.
The provision of work for pupils will be begin fully from Monday 23 March.
Blog Post - 02/04/2020
World Autism Awareness Week
This week it's World Autism Awareness Week, established with the aim of spreading awareness and …