All external exams are governed by national regulations determined by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and our adherence to these rules is subject to an annual inspection. We share paper copies of the information below with all students as they start their GCSE courses and electronic copies are available here for reference.
Information for Candidates - Coursework AssessmentsCTA
Download (0.45 MB)
Information for Candidates - Non-Examination AssessmentsCTA
Download (0.45 MB)
Information for Candidates - Onscreen TestsCTA
Download (0.36 MB)
Information for Candidates - Privacy NoticeCTA
Download (0.92 MB)
Information for Candidates - Written ExamsCTA
Download (0.37 MB)
No Mobile PhonesCTA
Download (0.58 MB)
Download (0.65 MB)
Warning to CandidatesCTA
Download (0.34 MB)
What to do if you are ill on the day of an exam
- If you are ill and unable to attend an exam please phone the Academy at least 1 hour before the exam start time.
- In the event of absence, we will require written confirmation from the family doctor or hospital consultant stating that you were medically unfit to take the exam at the scheduled time.
- If you do not attend an exam without a valid reason the cost of the exam will be charged to you.
Student Exams Checklist
- Academy Uniform must be worn at all times for all exams.
- Arrive in good time – at least 10-15 minutes before the exam starts. This will allow you to settle yourself and start the exam in the right frame of mind.
- You must not take mobile phones, iPods, smartwatches, MP3/4 players, earphones or any electronic storage devices into the exam room (either switched on or off). They must be left in lockers or handed in to an invigilator before entering the exam room. This is very important as possession of these items could result in disqualification from your exams and your overall qualifications even if you do not intend to use them.
- No notes or textbooks can be brought into the exam.
- Use black biro – do not use gel pens as these cannot be scanned properly.
- In exams where calculators are permitted please remove the case.
- Any pencil cases taken into the exam room must be see-through.
- Water bottles may be taken in the exam room with the labels removed. Food is not allowed in the exam room. Please contact the Academy for guidance if medication is required.
- Please remain silent at all times in the exam room. If you have any concerns or questions raise your hand and an invigilator will come to you.